Thursday, January 8, 2009

Macaroni and Cheese!

I am a really big fan of Food Network. Especially Alton Brown and his amazing shows Good Eats, Feasting on Asphalt, and Feasting on Waves. I had the TV on in the background the other day and was casually listening to Tyler's Ultimate. I wasn't really paying much attention, Tyler Florence isn't too exciting of a cook. However the food he made that episode sounded extremely good! I ended up watching the whole episode. It was called Tyler's Ultimate Mac 'n Cheese. Comfort food at its best! Also in the episode was a home-made tomato soup that I will have to make myself soon.

On another note, I haven't been much of a fish eater most of my life, though I am developing a palate for it. In fact, when I was in Hawaii I had several seafood dishes, most of them utilizing the local mahi-mahi. So, this weekend my good friend Mike and I plan to head down to the Pike Place Market in Seattle and pick up some fish! I really want to make my own fish and chips with some cod or maybe halubut. I will probably use Alton Brown's recipe from the episode Fry Hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment