Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Light Painting!

So I was surfing the ol' internet yesterday and I happened upon the website of the photographer Michael Bosanko. He has a bunch of really creative photos utilizing light painting. I highly recommend checking out his work. So I tried my hand at a bit of light painting myself. My first attempts are on my Flickr page. This is probably one of the most fun things you can do with a camera. The shots I did outside at night are my favorite. I ended up setting up my camera to get a good exposure at 30 seconds and I would jump in with a flashlight about half way through the exposure and play with the flash light pointed almost at the camera but not directly into the lens. Check out my first light painting offerings!

Flickr link

1 comment:

  1. This is pretty neat. I happened upon this stop motion video awhile ago that uses this technique. Though the "puppeteer" is totally noticeable. http://vimeo.com/1185346

    ReplyDelete